Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Baby Slug

You know those horror movies from old times where the creature starts growing and just keeps growing and growing and growing?

That's -- apparently -- what my hematoma wants to do.

My doctor's appointment yesterday was a flop.  A big disappointment. 

She did an abdominal ultrasound (hallelujah!) but the entire scan was MAYBE 5 minutes long.  Under normal circumstances 5 minutes would be fantastic -- but then again, what about my pregnancies is EVER normal?  I felt as though she didn't do a thorough job of looking for/at the hematomas.  In any case, she has a 'medical certificate' so I'll let it be. 

She did not find the original hematoma that was measuring 7-8mm at the last visit.  This time, she only found the 5mm hematoma which has now grown exponentially to 2 CM.  It's also very close to the sac. Great.  The opposite of what we were hoping.  She basically said that growth is bad, but she doesn't want ME to freak out yet -- she'll do the worrying.  I have to go back for another ultrasound soon.  In the meantime I'm on 'modified bed rest' which she said means I can go to work, sit in my chair, go home and lay in my bed.  No grocery shopping, no nothing.  Boo.

Baby Slug (that's what it looks like right now) is measuring right on track for 10 weeks and has a heart rate of 174bpm.  I want to say that this is going to be a boy because I just 'feel' like it is.  But, that may be my subconcious praying it's a boy so I don't have to be pregnant ever again.  I guess we'll find out in 10 more weeks.  That's always good.

1 comment:

Stories of a Happy Mom said...

Wow Cheryl! I was hoping for no growth..boo for those news! I will keep praying for you and your bean!
Hope all is well!
Take care,
Adriana