Yesterday my mom and I met at 24 hour fitness to work out. I love spending time with her, I feel like we finally have a good relationship, which has been a long time coming.
On the way home we talked about a bunch of different things, but one of our topics was my Aunt D. She has stage IV breast cancer. She's already had a full masectomy (spelling, sorry, I'm tired...) and the cancer has been persistant through it all.
I can't imagine how it feels to be a sister to someone who is inevitably dying. I know it's harsh to say, but once cancer reaches a certain stage and they've 'done all they can' the next step is basically to wait for God to "bring me home." She's still undergoing chemotherapy right now, so there IS hope for her, but it definitely *seems* hopeless after so many years of battling it and it getting progressively worse. My poor Aunt D. I am praying for you.
When we got home from the gym last night my mom recieved a phone call from my Aunt Lois. My Uncle T-Dan had a heart attack, we needed to go to the hospital ASAP. My mom and brother rushed out to Memorial Hermann, I was following but a little more slowly (plus, I had to pack a diaper bag first!). On the way there my brother calls and tells me that he is in critical care at the heart and vascular center. My heart broke into a thousand pieces.
We waited for so many hours before we could finally see him. A few brief moments and we were ushered out by nurses needing to fix his cathedar. He seems in good spirits (and as fiesty as ever), so that was uplifting and definitely released some anxiety.
He had a heart attack due to a clog at one of the valves at the back of his heart. He was at a bar with a friend of his (who, thankfully, took swift action in calling the ambulance) when he had the heart attack. If he would have been home alone, he would've ignored the signs (trust me, he's THAT stubborn!). I'm so grateful for his friend. When he got to the hospital they rushed him into surgery and put a stint into his heart.
My prayers:
Please pray for my uncle's swift recovery and future health.
Please pray for my Aunt to be healed after this chemotherapy. She has 5 kids and a brand new grandbaby who needs her.
Please pray for my friend who is still struggling with a loss. We visited her mother the other day and talked about everything, it was so nice, but I can see it in her eyes that her heart is still in pieces. It may never be whole again, but I pray for something to help her.
Please pray for my friend who has shut herself off from the world. I love you, you know who you are. I don't know what's going on, but I am thinking of you every single day and I miss your face.
Please pray for my friend who is waiting anxiously for a test result that will forever change her life. Pray for a positive outcome, whether it be negative or positive.
Please pray for Laura as she recovers from her last chemo dose. She's been such an inspiration and a trooper.
Please pray for all those in Haiti, Chile, Hawaii and other around the world affected by natural disasters.
Please pray for Layla Grace. Also, please pray for other children affected by terrible diseases like Cancer. And please, please pray for a cure.
Finally, please pray for those in your life who need your thoughts and prayers. Feel free to leave a comment with prayer requests too.
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment