Friday, February 12, 2010

An Army Is Needed

I know I haven't posted in a month...it's been a rough one.  My D&C didn't go very well, the complications were unbearable.  Emotionally I feel much better this time than I did last time, but physically I'm about 100 times worse.
My doctor seems discouraged about us having anymore kids.  She thinks we need to see a genetic counselor and has officially told me that I have 'recurrent miscarriages' and that I will be 'high risk' from this point forward.  :o(

But that's not why I'm writing.  A family needs your help, your thoughts and your prayers.

Layla is a 22 month old beautiful little girl who is in a losing battle with Neuroblastoma.  She is dying, and there is no nicer way to put it.  Tonight at St. John's Lutheran Church they are holding a prayer vigil for her.  You don't need to know her, or me, or anything about the situation in order to shout to the heavens.  Please pray that God end her suffering sweetly, that she go without fear or anxiety.  Please pray that her family can hold her hand as she takes her last breath and that she can smile in her last moments.

So please, tonight, if you can -- stop, take a minute and pray to God for this little girl, for her family & friends as they struggle to say goodbye to a child that never really got a chance to live.

http://www.laylagrace.org/

No comments: