Not literally, obviously, but the figurative heart attack I had was terrible!
I decided to clean, you know like mop floors and sweep and everything? It was going great because Madi was super entertained by the sweep and mop - plus, I found an old dog toy of Summers and Madi was laughing because it squeaked and made Summer's eyes bulge out of her head with excitement.
So anyway, I'm sweeping the living room and when I turn around Madi is gone. It was literally 30 seconds. I laugh and think she probably went into the other living room, so I walk in there and say "Madi!" and she's not there. Hmmm, that's weird. So I walk back and think maybe I missed her. Not there. Then my heart starts racing because I start thinking that there are a million things she could be getting into! The kitchen is her favorite place because she likes the noise of the pots and pans. I run in there, no Madi. I run into my parents room, no Madi. By this time, I'm screaming and on the verge of having a complete mental breakdown. I'm running around screaming and looking everywhere, no Madi. Then I hear a faint little giggle.
She's at the top of the stairs. Sitting at the top of the stairs, on the top stair -- laughing at me -- because I'm freaking out. I run up to the top and by this point I'm crying and she is LAUGHING in my face.
Looking back now, it was pretty cute. Terrifying, but cute.
I put baby gates up. Who knew she could climb stairs?
15 years ago
1 comment:
Oh my God! Gaby crawls up the stairs too.. and it's terrifying...She starts giggling when she gets to the top and gets really mad when I catch her in the act! It's insane!!!
Post a Comment