Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year -- Big Changes

PS - Apparently it is "International Blog De-Lurker Week."  If you've been reading but not commenting, say HI!  I'd love to know who I'm spilling my guts to every day,  haha.

2010 is officially here.  I'm so excited to start a new year.


My three biggest resolutions for 2010 are:
1) Completely quit smoking.  I actually am really happy about this.  I had quit smoking prior to meeting Matt, but he enticed me back.  Then I quit again when I was pregnant and Jay AND Matt enticed me back.  New Year, no smoking!
2)  Be able to run 6 miles by June.  If I run 1 mile per month (1 in Jan, 2 in Feb, etc...) by June 6 miles should be a snap.  I ran that much before I had Madi, so it's all about willpower and putting my mind to it.
3) Save money and have NO debt.  Matt and I are working diligently on saving as much money as we can and paying off all debt (student loans, cars, credit cards, etc...).  When he starts with the AF we want to be comfortable enough so that I don't have to work anymore.  (Now thats a goal I can work towards!)


Matt is leaving for basic training at the end of March.  He will be gone until the end of May when we will have to go to San Antonio for his graduation (20-23rd).  It's going to be a very emotional meeting because immediately after graduation from basic he leaves to Missouri for tech school.  We aren't going to go to tech school with him, so he will be gone from May until August and we may only get to see him once.  His baby girl is going to be 8 1/2 months old when he leaves and when he comes back she's going to be almost 14 months old!  Can you imagine?


I am so proud of him!

No comments: